Home About Us Professional Services LEADERPRENEUR<sup>®</sup> Events Speaking Engagements Roundtable Contact Us


Employee Engagement

According to recently published figures from The Gallup Organization, the American workforce consists of 29% Engaged employees, 55% who are Not-Engaged and 16% who are Actively Disengaged. That is a total of 71% of the workforce who are not 'switched-on' when they are at work, are not paying full attention, or perhaps are even working against the organization's goals. Gallop estimates that low productivity due to disengagement costs companies $300 billion per year.

We believe that aligning an employees' values, goals, and aspirations with those of the organization is the best method for achieving the sustainable employee engagement required for an organization to thrive. Engaged employees are enthused and in gear, using their talents and discretionary effort to make a difference in their employer's quest for sustainable business success.

How does disengagment impact your buiness? Decreased productivity? Decreased profitability? Decreased customer satisfaction?

12 factors of engagement:

  1. I know what is expected of me at work
  2. I have the materials and equipment I need to do my job right
  3. At work I have the opportunity to do what I do best everyday
  4. In the last seven days I have received recognition or praise for doing good work
  5. My supervisor is someone at work seems to care about me as a person
  6. There is someone at work who encourages my development
  7. At work my opinions seem to count
  8. The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel my job is important
  9. My associates are committed to doing quality work
  10. I have a "best friend" at work
  11. In the last six months someone at work has talked to me about my progress
  12. This last year I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.

- Gallop

One of the keys to employee engagement is creating a culture of enagagement and developing leaders who can inspire and engage.


Learn more about Employee Engagement


Success Story

Challenge: A midsize service company was thwarted by losing contracts and talent to their competitors. There were 20 supervisors and 6 managers that were each going in different directions, and often brought together only for the fire drill du jour.

Solution: We provided an extensive employee engagement assessment and a strategic planning process that included a pre-retreat and strategic planning training. We then used SWOT Analysis, focus groups, an additional retreat, rollout implementation training and quarterly accountability meetings with the strategic planning team.

Results: This clarified focus created a united leadership team that agreed on strategic S.M.A.R.T. goals and was able to align their respective departments to achieve and develop team and individual goals that supported department processes and policies, increasing communication and engagement. In addition, they realized a 75% increase in goal achievement.

Impact: Less fire drills, more fire prevention and a 75% increase in revenue over four years. Increase of contract retention by 50%. Decrease in talent exodus by 60%. They also achieved the highest level of Mass Excellence Award.








Atlantic Consultants
27 Mica Lane, Suite 106
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
(781) 235-7555


All Contents Copyright © Atlantic Consultants