Susan Piotroski assists clients to win in the market place and drive profitable growth. She has established and led market and customer focused consulting practices at leading firms (Accenture most recently) and is now an independent consultant. She works with senior executives of companies of all sizes from Fortune 100 to start ups and in-between. Susan is a frequent conference speaker and published author on the topics of Voice of Customer research, customer experience and loyalty, branding, company growth and other topics. She has the passion, commitment and practical business sense to help companies chart and enact a strategy for measureable impact and change.
Susan received her Ph.D. and M.S. from the University of Pittsburgh in Applied Statistics and her B.S. in Psychology from Pennsylvania State University. She also holds a patent on a method and measurement system to create a brand and customer experience that results in increased market share and improved financial results.
Previously she was a senior executive/partner at Accenture, Peppers and Rogers Group, iXL Consulting, and Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman.)
Key areas of expertise include:
- Marketing opportunity assessment and penetration
- Optimized customer experience design and engagement
- Differentiated brand positioning
- Market segmentation and activation
- Mergers and acquisition
- Products/services/pricing optimization
- Geographic expansion
- Enhanced marketing operations, investments and technology
- Customer/market analytic approaches/technology (VOC, customer primary research including focus groups, executive interviews, quantitative surveys, big data analytics, advanced statistical modeling, etc.)
Industry and Client Focus
Industry focus includes:
- Financial services
- Consumer products
- Resources & energy
Susan has worked in b-c, b-b, and b-b-c markets and includes such clients as Tufts Health Plans, Cigna, Samsung, Verizon, at&t, American Express, Comcast, USAA, State Farm, Disney, Corning, Caesars, Hilton Hotels, Visa, Merck, J&J, Tyco, Nestles, and others.
Presentations, Publications and Citations
- Chair/presenter at national and international conferences on Customer Experience, Loyalty and Value Creation, Net Promoter, and Market Strategy (2010-2014)
- Trust: Managing the Scarcest Commodity of All for High Performance, Accenture Outlook Journal, 2011.
- “Seven Lessons of Building a Winning Brand in China” (published in Strategy and Leadership, 2010).
- Co-author, “Experiencing the Brand, Branding the Experience” for Accenture Outlook Journal, which served as core foundation for firm’s Customer Experience Management Consulting Services.
- Other articles and citations related to marketing analytics and strategy in Accenture Outlook Journal, external professional journals and popular press. Research and analysis I led on building global brands become the key centerpieces of an Accenture Global Advertising campaign and was cited in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Business Week and other media.
- Hold a U.S. patent on data analytic method for assessing key drivers and financial impact of building a better customer experience and brand.